The Energy industry is going through a rapid transition as companies work towards delivering a more sustainable world. Recognising the opportunities for change and growth, Daniel McAteer, Vice President of Energy for Worley in Aberdeen put forward key individuals from his projects team to take part in the Rainmaker course, which focused on business growth.
The Worley Aberdeen projects team has a long-standing history of running large projects effectively. The workshop focused on relationship building and business development.
The Rainmaker Programme comprises:
- Pre-work online
- Intensive masterclasses
- Deep-dive workshops
- Check-in business growth workshop (one month after masterclasses)
- Online surveys and feedback
- The KWC Wonderwall, full of supporting resources to encourage ongoing reading and reflection
Research shows that for learning to be fully embedded and tangible results to be achieved, a combination of reflection, application, and learning over time is required. This enables individuals to achieve Kirkpatrick Level Four i.e. demonstrative results (ROI)
Feedback on the facilitator (100%)
- ‘Great enthusiasm, worked well with the team, and encouraged engagement’
- ‘Russell is passionate about what he does and that is evident in his delivery’
- ‘The material shared was relevant and delivered in an engaging and
- ‘There were thought-provoking discussions that I will take forward into my day-to-day work’
- ‘I now feel more aware of how important building relationships are, internally and externally’
One Month check in (ROI)
- The team has a better understanding of the approach to selling
- We have been proactive with known contacts and there is more focus on tangible outcomes from meetings
Quote from Daniel McAteer, Vice President of Energy – Aberdeen
Worley’s Aberdeen business is focused on being an EPC centre of excellence and we are determined to ensure the company maintains and grows its leading position in the North Sea. We want to be ahead of the curve, and we are structuring the business so that as the market grows, we can capture key opportunities. Worley has the heritage, the capability, the track record, and the structure to deliver new projects. Thank you to Russell and the team for their guidance and we fully recommend the Rainmaker course.